Monday, April 28, 2008

Christmas knitting plan

I was inspired by Beverlyann when she wrote in her blog about gift knitting. I decided to plan my knitting projects for Christmas gifts.

First, I made a list of things I’d like to knit. Then I made a list of people that I wanted to give a gift to. And I tried to match them. I made some adjustments and created my project list. Here’s an example.
From my chart I know what and how many things I want to make, but can I do it all by Christmas? I calculated times on how many total weeks I thought it would take me to complete a project. These are not necessarily concurrent weeks - just total effort. When I saw the total weeks I realized my gift giving plan was overly ambitious. I do have one afghan 30% completed but there are only 33 weeks till package shipping day.

I’ll have to ponder a bit and whittle down my list.

1 comment:

beverlyanne said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. The flu this year has been vicious around here. You might have the flu, not a cold.

What a wonderfully organized approach to Christmas knittng. Are you being a little conservative on the weeks you are assigning to each project? You might be able to do it all. My big Christmas project is off because work decided to do secret Santa. I am bummed.