Thursday, March 27, 2008

Not quite closing the Garden Gate

I sort of finished the Garden Gate afghan. I ran out of yarn so I stopped knitting (obviously) but the afghan is a bit too short. I took it over to Really Knit Stuff (where I bought the yarn) for a consultation with Paula.

What could I do to make it bigger? I vaguely remembered that I bought all of the green yarn that Paula had. Could I add on end pieces in a contrasting color? Paula and I decided that I could add to both ends of the afghan with a dark blue. Unfortunately, she has to order the yarn for me so the Garden Gate will go into hiatus until the yarn arrives. I’ll post a picture when I’m done. I’m really liking the texture and color. And it feels so nice too.


The big furry critter in the background is my Maine Coon cat, RumpleTeaser. She likes to have her picture taken. It's all about the cat.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Oh no! I have a shawl that is currently on hiatus due to yarn shortage. I hate it when that happens.

beverlyanne said...

Garden Gate is looking good.
Thanks for your comment. If your Christmas plan is going to include afghans, I can see why you're working on it now. But I guess it's never too early to start.

In the next week or so I'm going to reorganize the blog links on my blog. I want to link to you and others that I visit regularly.

Anonymous said...

Hey Marie, Paula here! Amazing, I actually found your blog. This is the second time I have posted a blog message. The first was to the Yarn Harlot after I read her book. She actually wrote back and I met her in Columbus, OH at the big yarn show there!
I hope that I see you soon!

How is that afghan?

Paula