Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Knitting with Pink

Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?
- Pink Floyd, Comfortably Numb

Welcome to my first blog post. My name is Marie and I live in North Florida. I’m a bit nervous about starting a blog – will anyone visit? Will they stay to read? Will I be boring? Only one way to find out, I guess. Hey, if it’s a bust, I can just stop. No harm, no foul.

A little about me – I started knitting three years ago because my two BFFs made me. They had a plan, a sneaky little plan. Under the innocent guise of visiting warm Florida in December, these two devious Ohio knitsters brought yarn, needles, and a pattern and forced me to knit a dishcloth. They had knit for eons and it just annoyed them that I resisted knitting’s charms.

I was captivated. I love the rhythm of knitting. I love that knitting is math – ones and zeros, on and off, knit and purl. Combinations make patterns and that is fascinating to my structured, logical psyche.

I’m working on several projects.



Cascade 220 waiting to become a University of Michigan Lola Bowla (pattern from Vyvyan Knitting in a Happy Camper). I love this pattern – it’s fun to make, works up real fast, and can be felted by hand in 30 minutes.

More project photos in my next post… Thanks for stopping by and reading all the way to the end!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW,I;M VERY IMPRESSED. IT WAS A FUN AND INFORMATIONAL READ. I LOVE THAT I CAN KEEP UP WITH WHAT YOU'RE DOING MORE OFTEN. I WILL CHECK REGULARLY. " H " WANTS TO KNOW IF YOU WANT A FEW GOLFING TIPS FOR YOUR NEW BLOG.
YOUR SO MUCH FUN! DIZE