Friday, December 21, 2007

Optimism

After my last sweater disappointment I avoided fitted sweater patterns. Until I saw the Wool Bam Boo Cabled Cardigan in the Classic Elite Yarns Luxe book. I imagined myself wearing it to work paired with a slim black skirt, oh so proud of my style and skill. So I decided to try again. I know I’m not the only knitter with sweater fitting shame. I’ve read enough blogs to feel comfortable in my misery.

The yarn is a 50% wool, 50% bamboo – so soft yet substantial.

The irregular cable pattern is easy but interesting so the reverse stockinette doesn’t get boring. There is a fair amount of decreasing and increasing which I hadn’t done much of. As they say in the Florida Panhandle, Boy Howdy! - more skills enhancement.

I am using the new Knit Picks Harmony wood needles. Do I ever like them – light weight, smooth, and very pretty. I’m not moving too fast on this project. But I have finished other projects – significantly, an Einstein coat from Sally Melville’s The Knit Stitch (no pictures to post yet).

It’s a good thing I finished the coat. Temperatures are hovering around the mid-sixties. Brrrrr…

No comments: